On Coaching Podcast | # 62: Our Worst Blunders Coaching Middle Distances
In this episode, Jon and I delve into our coaching blunders with middle distance athletes. What mistakes did we make early on and what have we learned from them? Topics covered in this episode include:
- We dive into the misconceptions on speed and power development.
- How we both messed up plyos when we first introduced them.
- Why throwing “speed and fast stuff” at your miler is a typical panic move and doesn’t work.
- Why we shouldn’t just “check the box” in training components.
- How your world view (speed vs. endurance) tends to shape your training model and why we need to be cognizent of the other side.
- The more models you have, the more options you have to apply them.
Thanks for listening, for more thoughts on coaching, follow us on social media:
Other Resources Mentioned: